COE Student Government and LPU Red Cross Youth to Conduct Blood Letting Activity
The College of Engineering Student Government and LPU Red Cross Youth will be conducting a Mass Blood Letting Activity on August 23 (Thursday) and 24 (Friday) at room 103NB and COR/CIR Lobby, respectively.
The said activity is in cooperation with the Philippine Red Cross - Manila Chapter.
One of its basic services (PRC) is the Blood Services, which works on providing the country with an adequate and safer blood supply from volunteer, non-remunerated blood donors.
Below are some basic information for voluntary blood donors:
Advantages of Voluntary Blood Donation
- Safer and better quality of blood supply.
- Regular donation from volunteers will help ensure adequacy of blood supply.
Benefit to the blood donor
- Blood donation stimulates production of new cells, similar to the principles of “ change oil mechanism “.
- Personal health check. You will know your blood type and hemoglobin.
… Blood donation boosts personal self-worth
Qualifications of a Blood Donor
- 18 – 59 years old (60 – 65, regular donor)
- 16 – 17 years old must have parent’s consent
(BLOOD DONOR’S CONSENT FOR AGES 16 AND 17 form is available at the COllege of Engineering's Office Room 311)
2. Weight - at least 110 lbs (approximately 50 kg)
3. Blood Pressure
- between 90 – 160 mmHg (systolic)
- between 60 – 100 mmHg (diastolic)
4. Pulse Rate - 50 – 100 beats per minute
5. Body Temperature - must not exceed 37 degrees Centigrade
6. Hemoglobin - 125 g/L (12.5 g/dL)
Preparations before donating blood
- Have enough rest and sleep, minimum of six hours.
- No alcohol intake 24 hours prior to blood donation.
- No medications for at least 24 hours prior to blood donation.
- No recent vaccination. ( consult to PRC Team for further information)
- Have something to eat prior to blood donation, avoid fatty foods.
- Drink plenty of fluid like water or juice.
- No recent travel abroad. ( consult to PRC Team for further information)
We are looking forward to everyone's positive response regarding this invitation.
“Blood is life. Let your heart beat for life. Donate blood and save lives…”